What You’ll Need :
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 c crushed and seasoned pork rinds
1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
1 cup (4 ounces) pepper Jack cheese, divided
1 cup salsa, optional
How to Make It :
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, seasoned pork rinds , onion, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press half of the beef mixture onto the bottom and halfway up the sides of a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan.
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup cheese over meat to within 1/2 in. of sides.
- Pat remaining beef mixture over cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with salsa if desired. Makes 6 servings