Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 0 mins
Total Time: 25mins
- 1 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 4 -6 cups torn salad greens, , trimmed washed & dried
- 1⁄2 cup vinaigrette
- 2 pears, peeled,cored & sliced
- 1⁄4 lb gorgonzola (You may substitute with Blue or roquefort cheese)
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 cup virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons shallots, finely minced
To make Vinaigrette
- Mix vinegar, salt, mustard in a blender or food processor.
- Very slowly pour in the oil while processor is on.
- Process until an emulsion forms.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Add shallots& pepper.
- Best to make it fresh but may be stored for a few days in the fridge.
- Toss greens with most of the vinaigrette.
- Divide among 4 plates.
- Decorate with pear slices and crumbled cheese.
- Coarsely chop the walnuts and put on top of salad.
- Drizzle the last of the vinaigrette over top.