1 lb ground turkey
1 lb ground beef
1/4 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1-2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 small onion, grated
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup marinara pasta sauce (homemade here, minus the meat)
1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
minced parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a loaf pan (I used a regular glass loaf dish as in the photo above) with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey and beef, eggs, breadcrumbs, thyme, oregano, basil, garlic, onion, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese.
- Try not over handle the mixture otherwise it will get tough. Place the mixture in the greased loaf pan and form into a loaf.
- Top the meatloaf with pasta sauce.
- Place filled loaf pan on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes – 1 hour.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven and sprinkle the top with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Place the meatloaf back in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving/slicing.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.
- *(new cooking time added, mine usually takes 1 hr for 2 lbs meat)