The best chicken nuggets you will ever have – crisp-tender and completely homemade with Parmesan goodness!
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Panko*
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a large bowl, combine Panko, Parmesan, garlic powder and smoked paprika; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Working in batches, dredge chicken in flour, dip into eggs, then dredge in Panko mixture, pressing to coat.
- Add chicken to the skillet, 5 or 6 at a time, and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan and parsley, if desired.
*Panko is a Japanese-style breadcrumb and can be found in the Asian section of your local grocery store.