Kids love this rich, warming soup but it’s sophisticated enough for adults, too.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 pounds carrots, chopped (about 8 carrots)
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 3 and ½ cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 batch bacon fat croutons
- Saute onion and carrots with olive oil in a stockpot over medium for 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add broth, ginger, orange zest, orange juice, honey, salt, and pepper to pot. Bring to a boil. Once boiling reduce heat to low and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Top with bacon and croutons.