The loaf is moist and full of flavor and the recipe is quick and easy. The hardest part is letting it cool before slicing that first piece!
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 55 mins
Servings: 2 loaves
1-8 oz package cream cheese, softened
1/2 c shortening
1 2/3 c granulated sugar
2 1/4 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 c milk
1/2 c chopped walnuts
2 Tbsp grated orange peel
1/4 c orange juice
- Combine cream cheese and shortening, creaming well.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix well after each addition.
- Stir in walnuts and orange peel.
- 6Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 8-1/2 x 4-1/2 x 3 inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 55 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 mintues. Then sprinkle orange juice over loaves. Remove to wire rack to finish cooling