1 cup water
1/2 cup orange juice…
1/4 cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed
1/3 cup rice vinegar
2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon grated orange zest
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons chopped green onions
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
3 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons water
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
- Pour into saucepan water, orange juice, lemon juice, rice vinegar, and soy sauce; and set over medium-high heat. Stir in orange zest, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, red pepper, and chopped onion.
- In a small bowl Mix 3 Tablespoons of cornstarch with 2 Tablespoons of cold water mix well and add it to your sauce. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat, and let cool 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place chicken pieces into a resealable plastic bag. When contents of saucepan have cooled, pour 1 cup of sauce into bag. Reserve remaining sauce. Seal bag, and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- In another resealable plastic bag, mix the flour, salt, and pepper. Add marinated chicken pieces, and shake to coat.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place chicken in skillet, and brown on both sides. Remove to paper towels, and cover with aluminum foil.
- Wipe out the skillet, and add the sauce. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Mix together cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water, and stir into sauce. Reduce heat to medium low; stir in chicken pieces, and simmer, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve over Fried Rice or steamed white Rice.