Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 ounce packet taco seasoning or about 3 1/2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup jarred mild salsa
- 8 ounces uncooked rotini pasta
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican-style cheese
- Optional toppings – chopped tomatoes avocado, crushed tortilla chips, chopped cilantro
- Preheat a large deep skillet over medium heat.
- Add ground beef and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until cooked thoroughly.
- Drain grease.
- Stir taco seasoning into ground beef then stir in water, salsa and pasta noodles.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Stir, cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook for about 15 minutes until pasta is tender.
- Turn off heat and stir in cheese.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve with optional toppings if desired.
A store bought jar salsa such is Pace, Ortega or similar brand (even generic) like that is recommended.