To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
2 C. hot tap water, 120 degrees
2/3 C. sugar
1 1/2 T. instant yeast (active will work as well, I only use SAF-instant yeast when I bake)
1/4 C. vegetable oil
6 C. all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. salt
How To Make It
- Pour the water in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook. Add the sugar and the yeast, allow to proof for 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable oil, 3 C. of the flour and the salt.
- Begin to mix on low speed to combine then gradually add in the remaining flour and mix until the dough forms and begins to leave the side of the bowl.
- Turn out onto a floured work surface and knead for 1 minute.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover with a warm damp towel. Allow to rise for 1 hour.
- Punch down the dough and turn back out onto the floured surface. Knead a couple of times and divide the dough in half.
- Roll the dough into a 9″ rectangle and then roll up the dough as you would a jellyroll.
- Place seam side down in a well greased 9×5 loaf pan.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Cover with a clean dish towel and allow to rise for 40 minutes.
- Bake the loaves in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes. Remove and brush with melted butter, allowing the loaves to cool in the pans for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.