This Mexican frittata recipe is an easy, delicious meal. Try this gluten-free recipe for a healthy dinner or hearty breakfast.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 small green pepper chopped
- 1/3 lb plum tomatoes sliced
- 3 scallions chopped
- 8 eggs scrambled
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium skillet (8 to 9 inches wide), brown the ground beef in the olive oil. Add the taco seasoning and salsa. Stir to coat evenly, then remove the seasoned meat from the skillet.
- Add the green pepper to the skillet and cook for a few minutes, until crisp tender. Add the meat back to the skillet, along with the tomato and scallions. Pour the scrambled eggs on top, and sprinkle with the salt and cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the frittata is set and no longer jiggly. Let it sit for a few minutes before cutting. Serve warm.