Prep Time: 25 min
1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
1 jar (24 oz.) marinara sauce
4 cups chicken broth
2 tablespoons tomato paste
3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 bay leaf
Salt & pepper to taste
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 packages (16 oz.) frozen meatballs
8 oz. rotini pasta
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1 cup milk
- Add crushed tomatoes, marinara, chicken broth, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, sugar, and seasonings to a large skillet. Heat on medium high and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Add meatballs to the skillet, cover, and cook for 8 minutes.
- Add pasta to the skillet and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from heat, discard bay leaf, and stir in parmesan cheese and milk.
- Serve up hot with extra cheese and fresh parsley for garnish!