Prep Time: 22 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
- 4 lbs Red Potatoes, cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup Butter (Softened)
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tsp Better Than Buillon Chicken Base
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 cups Cache Valley Creamery Cheddar Cheese, Freshly grated (Divided)
- 15 slices Bacon, cooked and crumbled (Divided)
- 3 Green Onions, chopped
- Boil potatoes in a large pot of water for about 25 minutes or until tender. Drain well and return potatoes to the pot. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13×9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Add sour cream, butter, milk, salt, pepper, bouillon chicken base, garlic salt and garlic powder to the mashed potatoes. Mix well with a mixer or large spoon.
- Stir in 1 cup of freshly grated Cheddar Cheese and 2/3 of the crumbled bacon.
- Place the potato casserole mixture in an even layer in the prepared baking dish. Bake in oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and evenly sprinkle the top of the casserole with a cup of grated Cheddar Cheese and the remaining crumbled bacon. Return casserole to oven and bake for 5 more minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Remove the casserole from the oven. Scatter green onions on top of the casserole and serve.