We’re serious about the spice in this recipe. Whole-grain pasta and tender shrimp pair perfectly with a luxuriously rich, piquant sauce.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
3 tablespoons olive oil
4 garlic cloves, smashed
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons sun-dried tomato paste*
1 (14.5-ounce) can no salt added diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons white wine**
16 ounces bite-size shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
4 ounces whole-grain linguine or spaghetti
black pepper to taste
- Bring a large stock pot of water to boil, and prepare the pasta according to package directions, omitting salt.
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes. When the garlic starts to sizzle, stir in the sun-dried tomato paste.
- Add the diced tomatoes, and cook over low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add wine and cook for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp; cook just until shrimp turns pink.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in the butter.
- Drain pasta and place in warmed serving dishes. Top with shrimp mixture and parsley.
- Serves 4 (1/2 c cooked pasta, 3 oz shrimp and 1/2 c sauce).