With these Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs you can cut that cooking time down to just 35 minutes. Fall off the bone good ribs in half the time!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
- 1 ½ – 2 pounds baby back or pork side ribs
- ½ bell pepper sliced
- 1 ½ scallion green onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- as desired salt and pepper
- 1 cup water
- as desired your favorite bbq sauce
- Cut the ribs into 3 – 4 rib clusters. Season with salt, pepper, garlic and thyme. You can either cook now, or seal in a ziplock bag and place in fridge for a couple hours or overnight.
- Place the trivet in the bottom of the instant pot insert. This is optional, but it’s nice to keep the ribs off the bottom of the pot, but not imperative. Add the water to the insert. Place the ribs on top of the trivet and water, along with any peppers and scallions.
- Place the top on the Instant Pot and shift toggle to “seal” position. Cook on manual high pressure for 35 minutes. After cooking time is complete, do a Natural Release.
- When the silver pin has dropped, open the lid and carefully remove the ribs to a broiling pan or cookie sheet.
- Brush both sides of the ribs with your favorite bbq sauce. Place under the broiler for a few minutes to caramelize. Watch, as they can burn fast!!