make this meal about every 6 weeks (or more!) for my family because it
is my kids’ favourite meal by far. Even my can-be-picky toddler always
asks for seconds of this meal. I don’t know what makes this meal all
that special, but it is definitely a favourite around here!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 50 mins
- 2 lbs extra-lean ground beef
- 1 cup quick-rolled oats (or bread crumbs)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder (I use 2 tsp Garlic Plus instead of the garlic salt and powder)
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 cup ketchup
- ⅔ cup honey
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF.
- Mix together ground beef, quick-rolled oats, eggs, milk and garlic seasonings together by hand or in a stand mixer with paddle attachment.
- Line a baking sheet(s) with parchment paper and place meatballs on it and cook for about 30-35 minutes or until no longer pink in the middle.
- Place all the sauce ingredients: pressed garlic cloves, ketchup, honey and soy sauce—in a large sauce pan and heat through.
- Add cooked meatballs to sauce, toss and serve!