Total Time: 6 hrs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 whole fresh chicken
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 5 whole carrots, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- For Noodles: Mix egg, oil, salt, and water together.
- Add all purpose flour until it becomes a soft dough.
- Roll dough out on a floured surface to very thin.
- Let dry for at least 3 hours.
- Cut into small noodle sized strips.
- For soup: Cover chicken with water in a large stove top pot.
- Add chicken broth, carrots, celery, garlic and onions.
- Boil until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken and debone.
- Place chicken back in pot.
- Add additional water to soup mixture if needed, usually about 4 cups.
- Bring soup mixture to boil and then add noodles.
- Boil soup until noodles are soft and ready to eat.
- Salt and pepper to taste.