Holiday-Spiced Pear Cobbler recipe made with fresh pears has all of the fall/winter spices to make this the perfect, decadent holiday dessert idea!
Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 55 mins
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 medium pears, peeled and chopped into about ½-inch pieces
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 & ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into ½-inch cubes
- ¼ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the peeled/chopped pears, sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt, and stir to combine.
- Stir frequently and continue cooking until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is bubbly (let it bubble for 2-3 minutes or until it has thickened). Try not to eat it all with a spoon.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Transfer the filling to a 1 or 1.5 quart baking dish. Set it aside while you make the topping.
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add the cut up butter; mix with a pastry blender or a fork until the butter is about the size of peas.
- Add about 3 tablespoons of the milk, and continue mixing the dough. Gradually add the remaining milk, a little at a time, and mix until the dough comes together.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls over the top of the filling.
- Place the baking dish on a lined, rimmed baking sheet in case the cobbler bubbles over.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until the topping is browned and the filling is bubbly. Mine was done at 30.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream (optional)!