- 1 package Hillshire Farm smoked sausage, diagonally cut into ¼ inch slices
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 package Frozen Broccoli, thawed
- ½ cup chicken broth, or water
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups instant rice
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cut the sausage into 1/4 inch diagonal slices.
- Heat olive oil and crushed garlic, stir in smoked sausage slices and cook until smoked sausage is browned.
- Add pepper, onion, broccoli, chicken broth and tomato sauce and simmer for about 10 minutes until vegetables are tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- In the meantime, cook rice according to package instructions. Stir rice into the skillet, sprinkle with cheese and serve.