This quick and easy pasta dish is perfect for a tasty weeknight meal
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 20 minutes
Total time 30 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 3/4 pound tagliatelle or other long cut pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound mixed wild mushrooms
- kosher salt and pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped sage
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 8 ounces burrata cheese
- 1/4 cup shaved manchego cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. When the oil shimmers, add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook undisturbed for 5 minutes or until golden, stir and continue cooking until the mushrooms are caramelized, 3-5 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the butter, garlic, half of the basil, the thyme, and sage. Cook, stirring occasionally until the garlic is caramelized and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Slowly add the wine and then the lemon juice and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Stir the pasta into the sauce and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3-5 minutes until warmed through. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining basil, discard the garlic cloves.
- Divide among bowls and break the burrata over top each bowl. Top with manchego and herbs for garnish. Serve immediately.