Total Time: 55 mins
2 lbs lean ground beef
1 white onion, peeled and diced
1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper, more to taste
1⁄2 teaspoon dry oregano, more to taste
1⁄2 teaspoon dry basil, more to taste
1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
6 cups water, more to desired consistency
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
1 cup celery, sliced
1⁄4 cup celery leaves, coarsely chopped
1 cup fresh carrot, sliced
1 cup white potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
garlic salt, to taste
shredded parmesan cheese, to serve
sour cream, to serve
- Brown ground beef and onion in a large pot. Drain if needed.
- Add spices and onion soup mix.
- Stir in water, tomato sauce and soy sauce. Bring to a boil; then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients up to the potatoes bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer uncovered until potatoes and carrots are tender about 30 minutes. (Add more water if needed).
- Season to taste with garlic salt.
- Serve with shredded parmesan cheese and sour cream.