Healthy paleo chocolate glazed donuts made with sweet potato instead of flour! Easy baked donut recipe perfect for celebrations!
- 1 small white sweet potato raw minced in food processor
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup black cocoa powder or regular cocoa
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Generously grease a donut pan with coconut oil (see notes for the one I use).
- In a food processor or blender combine all ingredients for donuts until smooth (the minced sweet potato gets blended raw with the other ingredients).
- Transfer batter to a pastry bag and pipe the batter into the donut pan.
- Bake on 350F for about 15-18 minutes until a toothpick when inserted comes out clean. Cool before spooning out of pan and cooling on a cooling rack.
- Melt ingredients for glaze over low heat in a double boiler. Remove as soon as coconut oil is melted and whisk until smooth. Allow to cool slightly to thicken before pouring over donuts.