Prep Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 1 hr 35 mins
- 8 slices bacon
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 bag (30 oz) frozen country-style shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 container (16 oz) sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Colby- Monterey Jack cheese blend (8 oz)
- 1 package (8 oz) diced cooked ham
- 1 jar (4 oz) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons coarse-grained Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Chopped fresh chives, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon; set aside. Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon drippings in skillet. Cook onion in bacon drippings over medium-high heat 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender and golden. Reduce heat to medium-low; stir in butter until melted. Remove from heat.
- Squeeze excess moisture from potatoes. Add potatoes, soup, sour cream, cheese, ham, pimientos, mustard, salt and pepper to skillet; stir to combine. Spoon mixture into baking dish.
- Cover; bake 45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with reserved bacon. Bake 15 minutes longer or until browned. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with chives.