Total Time: 55 mins
1 lb ground beef
1 medium onion, minced
8 ounces egg noodles
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup sour cream
1 (10 2/3 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
salt and pepper
1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese (or more if you’d like it cheesier)
crushed potato chips
- Brown beef and onion together.
- Cook noodles, drain and stir butter into hot noodles.
- Mix together sour cream, soup and seasonings.
- Alternate layers of noodles, beef mixture, cheese, and soup mixture(spread soup mixture as best you can, okay if it isn’t evenly), in a greased 2 or 2 1/2 quart casserole.
- Top with potato chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes.