2 lbs. (6 cups) chicken, cooked, shredded & seasoned if not using Rotisserie chicken*
1 can cream of chicken soup (or homemade equivalent)
1 can green chiles (add more for stronger green chile flavor)
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 sleeve Ritz (or equivalent) crackers, crushed
½-1 cup Mexican blend cheese (optional)
¼ cup melted butter
*I used salt, pepper, and just a sprinkle of cumin and chili powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 casserole dish lightly with cooking spray.
- Add chicken to the casserole dish in an even layer.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream of chicken, green chiles, chicken broth and sour cream.
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Top with cheese if desired.
- Sprinkle crushed crackers evenly over casserole.
- Pour melted butter over the crackers.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.