You can rest assured that you will be walking away from the table stuffed if you make this.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Morton salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 4 cups Swanson low sodium chicken broth (or use beef or vegetable)
- 1 (28oz) can Hunt’s crushed tomatoes
- 1¾ cups dry whole wheat macaroni pasta or other small pasta
- In a large pot, cook ground beef and onion over medium-high heat just until browned, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add carrots, celery, red pepper, garlic, salt, oregano, and paprika and cook until vegetables are tender about 7-8 minutes.
- Add broth, crushed tomatoes, and pasta and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook just until pasta is
cooked,about 6-7 minutes. Serve.