A comfort classic that everyone will be fighting for! Crisp on the outside yet so soft, creamy and cheesy on the inside. YESSS!
- yield: 12 SERVINGS
- prep time: 15 MINUTES
- cook time: 15 MINUTES
- 3 cups macaroni and cheese, homemade or store-bought
- 2 cups vegetable oil, or more, as needed
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups Panko
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Place macaroni and cheese into the refrigerator until firm, about 3-4 hours.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Using a small cookie scoop, roll macaroni and cheese into 1 1/4-to-1 1/2-inch balls, forming about 12.
- Working one at a time, dip balls into eggs, then dredge in Panko, pressing to coat.
- Working in batches, add balls to the Dutch oven and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately, garnished with chives, if desired.