2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
2 cups sugar
3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
zest of 1 lemon
8 oz. plain or vanilla, Greek yogurt
12 oz. fresh strawberries, diced
1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10 inch bundt pan* (10-15 cup pan) or use a good baking spray with flour.
- Sift together the 2 ¼ cups of flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Alternate beating in the flour mixture and the yogurt, mixing just until incorporated. Gently stir in the strawberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Place in the oven and reduce the temperature to 325 degrees F. Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool at least 20 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. Once cooled whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons. of lemon juice and the powdered sugar. Drizzle over the top of the cake.
Note: I actually used two six-cup bundt pans and reduced the cooking time by about 15 minutes-