one rack of pork baby back ribs
juice of one lemon
1/4 cup dry rub (your own or my recipe)
1/2 cup barbeque sauce (your own or my recipe)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- Remove excess fat from ribs. Peel the silver skin off the back of the ribs – lift with a sharp knife and grab with a paper towel to remove.
- Cut ribs apart into individual pieces.
- Rub ribs all over with lemon juice.
- Coat ribs with dry rub. Place meat side down in large baking pan, & cover tightly with foil, shiny side out.
- Bake in the oven for 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove from oven & pour off liquid.
- Brush bbq sauce over all sides of ribs.
- Grill: To finish ribs on the grill, remove from the pan and place ribs on the grill (I use a basket over direct but low heat) basting and turning a few times for about 10 minutes.
- Oven: To finish ribs in the oven, set oven to broil and return ribs to the same oven rack, uncovered, basting and broiling about 5 minutes per side, watching so they don’t burn. They will be so tender, it’s best to turn them using gloved hands.