3 C rotten bananas
2 C sugar
1 1/4 C vanilla yogurt
2 T vanilla extract
2 T flax seeds (or chia seeds)
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
cinnamon sugar, optional
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Combine the bananas, sugar, vanilla yogurt, vanilla extract and flax seed in a large bowl. Mix well.
- In another large bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Slowly whisk the dry mixture into the wet mixture. Stirring until combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among two bread pans.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the top of each loaf.
- Bake at 375F until toothpick comes out clean (about 45-50 minutes).
- **TIP* Wrap in plastic wrap when loaves are still warm, then refrigerate. This keeps the loaves from drying out**