These Easy Crock Pot French Dip Sandwiches are as simple as adding the ingredients to your slow cooker and letting it infuse your house with the intoxicating aroma of beef simmering in a richly seasoned au jus until it reaches mouthwatering perfection.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 5 hrs
Total Time: 5 hrs 5 mins
- 4 pounds beef roast (rump roast for slicing or chuck roast for shredding)
- 10.5 oz can beef consomme (found by condensed soups)
- 10.5 oz can condensed French onion soup
- 12 oz Guiness beer
- 1 tbsp worchestershire sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- salt to taste
- 6 French rolls
- 6 slices Provolone cheese
- Add beef and all liquid/seasoning ingredients to the crock pot and set on high.
- If you prefer to slice the beef, cook 3-4 hours, then remove beef from crock pot while still slightly firm and slice very thinly.
- If you prefer shredded beef (easier), cook for 5 hours and shred with forks when tender, removing chunks of fat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove meat from crock pot, reserving juices, and pile meat on buns, topped with cheese.
- Bake buns in the oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted and buns warm.
- Serve immediately with reserved juices (au jus) for dipping.