8 med. size apples, peeled and chopped
2 T. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 & 1/2 stick butter
1 C. all purpose flour
1 C. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 large egg
- Place the chopped apples in a lightly greased 2 quart baking dish. Apples should fill 3/4 of the dish.
- Combine 2 T. sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon and sprinkle over the top of the apples.
- In a pot, melt the butter and once melted remove from the heat and whisk in 1 C. sugar then 1 C. flour and salt, combine well and whisk in the egg.
- Once all combined spoon over the top of the apples.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.