Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Ready Time: 20 min
- 1 lb lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cup water or beef stock
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 16 oz canned chili beans, undrained (use hot if you like spicy chili)
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- Cook Meat, onion, and garlic in a dutch oven or large saucepan on medium high heat until browned, stirring to crumble the meat well.
- Drain in a colander and rinse with hot water, return to pan. Stir in water (or stock) and remaining ingredients.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Per serving: 7 SmartPoints; 7 PointsPlus; 5 POINTS (old)