Total Time: 1 hr
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix, (as well as the other ingredients listed on the cake box to prepare the cake)
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups Betty Crocker fluffy white frosting mix
- any desired food coloring
- 6 marshmallows
- pink sugar
- miniature M&M baking bits
- chocolate sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 muffin tins with paper liners. Prepare cake mix as directed for 24 cupcakes, substituting milk for water and adding vanilla extract to batter. Bake and cool completely as directed.
- Spoon 2 cups frosting into a bowl and tint yellow, light blue, pale green or pink with food coloring (or make different colors in separate bowls). Frost Spoon a dollop of remaining white frosting onto center of each cupcake for bunny faces. (I pipe with a pastry bag or Ziploc bag with the corner cut off) To make ears: Cut each marshmallow in half crosswise with kitchen shears, then cut each piece in half diagonally to form 2 ears, flattening slightly with your fingers. Press in pink decorating sugar. (I have also used pink icing.) Stick 2 ears into each of white frosting mounds.(Stick them into the icing well so they don’t fall off!).
- Use pink candies to make noses, blue candies for eyes and chocolate sprinkles for whiskers.