I’m a big fan of savory breakfasts and this Spinach, Onion and Feta Crustless Quiche might be my new favorite. It is a cinch to make… plus, it reheats well in the microwave! Add a salad for a quick lunch or dinner!
Number of Servings: 6
1 medium onion, diced
6 ounces Fresh Express Baby Spinach
2 large eggs
1/2 cup Egg Beaters (liquid egg substitute)
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
1 1/3 cups non fat milk
1/2 cup feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Lightly grease a 10-inch quiche/tart pan (or a pie plate)
- In a medium frying pan, heat a little vegetable oil (or cooking spray) on medium/high heat and add the diced onion. Cook the diced onion until translucent and tender.
- Add in fresh spinach and cook until just wilted. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, Egg Beaters, flour, baking powder, and cayenne pepper if desired. Whisk in the milk and then stir in spinach-onion mixture.
- Pour quiche base into prepared pan. Top with feta cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until center is set and the outside edge is golden brown.
- Let set for 5 minutes, then slice and serve.