8 ounces noodles (I do not suggest a fettuccine type noodle or the like, a thicker different shaped noodle works best)
3 cups cooked chicken, diced (any type, I used left over rotisserie)
1/2 cupgreen pepper, diced
1/2 cupcelery, diced
1/2 cuponion, diced
4 ounces canned mushrooms don’t buy the cheap ones…this matters (I used organic golden mushrooms, fantastic flavor)
1/2 cupchicken broth
1/2 cupParmesan cheese
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon basil
1 1/2 cupssmall curd cottage cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
- cook noodles per package instructions until almost done…a little firm.
- Mix with all of the rest of the ingredients. Make sure it is mixed thoroughly so the noodles do not stick together.
- Spray your crock. Put mix into crock and spread around so it is even. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. DO NOT…I REPEAT DO NOT LIFT THE LID.
- You want it to bake and make a crusty brown outer edge. Serve and enjoy.
- I was not able to put this all together before leaving for work in the morning so I made it the night before and it worked fine. I just pulled it out of the fridge and put the timer on.