8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 cups pasta or pizza sauce
2 ounces sliced pepperoni
1 cup shredded pizza cheese
- Sprinkle the chicken with the salt, pepper and Italian seasoning and place in a 4- to 5-quart crockpot.
- Top the chicken with onions, garlic, and bell peppers, and pour the pasta or pizza sauce over all. Top everything with the pepperoni.
- Cover the crockpot and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours until chicken is thoroughly cooked to 160 F.
- Stir everything in the slow cooker well. If you’d like, you can remove the chicken and shred it, then stir it back into the sauce. Then sprinkle the top with the cheese and let stand for 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Serve over hot cooked pasta or rice.