1½ pounds ground beef, browned and drained
6 medium potatoes, cut into 1½ inch cubes
salt and pepper
1 medium onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
¼ cup water
Salt and pepper to taste
4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- While the ground beef is browning, place potatoes in bottom of slow cooker.
- Salt and pepper generously.
- Add onions and minced garlic.
- Layer ground beef on onions and garlic, and top with kidney beans, diced tomatoes, and water.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours.
- When there is about 15 minutes of cook time left, sprinkle cheese on top of dish and cover again until cheese is melted.