A simple and delicious beef stew, slow cooked in the crockpot to tender and savory perfection.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 4-12 hrs
- 2 lb beef chuck roast
- 4 medium russet potatoes (about 2 inches in diameter)
- 4 medium carrots
- 1 large onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 8 cups beef broth
- 4 medium stalks celery, chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cut the roast into 1 inch pieces.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Peel the carrots and chop them into equal chunks, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Chop the onion into large pieces.
- In a crockpot, combine the beef, carrots, potatoes, onion, garlic and beef broth.
- Cook on low for 8 – 12 hours, or on high for 4-6 hours.
- Approximately 20 minutes before serving, add the celery.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is about 2 cups of soup (including 4 oz beef)
Each serving = 7 Smart Points/7 Points +