4 Russet Potatoes Sliced into 1/4 slices
3 TBSP butter
3 TBSP Flour (I used Rice flour)
2 Cups Milk
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
Salt & pepper
1 tsp onion powder
- Preheat Crockpot on High or Oven to 400 degrees.
- Butter a 2 quart Casserole dish for oven baking or if small enough to fit in crockpot. Otherwise, use the crockpot crock.
- Layer 1/2 of the potatoes into the bottom of the prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle Salt, Pepper, and onion powder and top with remaining potatoes. Season with salt & pepper again.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Mix in the flour and 1/2 tsp salt, and stir constantly with a whisk for one minute. Stir in milk. Cook until mixture has thickened.
- Stir in cheese all at once, and continue stirring until melted (about 30 to 60 seconds. ) Pour cheese over the potatoes.
- Place casserole dish in crockpot or oven. Or place lid on crockpot.
- Bake in crockpot on high for 3 hours or Bake covered for 1 1/2 hours at 400 degrees in oven.