Crock Pot Turkey Spinach Stuffed Shells, stuffed shells haven’t been easier. Jumbo Shells stuffed with ricotta, spinach, ground turkey and Italian herbs all made into one delicious cheesy meal your family will love!
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 3 hrs
Servings: 8 rice cups
28 jumbo shells
2 jars of marinara sauce
1 tablespoon grape seed oil
1 cup diced red onion
3 garlic cloves
1 lb. ground turkey
1½ cups ricotta cheese
1 tablespoon dry oregano
1 tablespoon dry basil
1 tablespoon dry parsley
½ tablespoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
4 cups fresh diced spinach
¾ cup mozzarella cheese
diced parsley for garnish
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add grape seed oil and diced onions. Cook until translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Add garlic to the pan and saute for 30 seconds.
- Next add in the ground turkey. Cook turkey until no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes. Add in the fresh spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted, about 1-2 minutes.
- In a large bowl add ricotta cheese, turkey spinach mixture, oregano, basil, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir to combine everything.
- Stuff each shell with spinach turkey ricotta mixture.
- Add 3 cups of marinara sauce to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place 14 stuffed shells on top of the sauce. Spoon 1½ cups of marinara sauce over shells.
- Top with remaining stuffed shells and finish with the rest of the sauce.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 6 until shells are cooked.
- When shells are cooked sprinkle mozzarella cheese over shells. Wait 5 minutes until cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley.