If you like potatoes and sausage anything…you are gonna LOVE our version of crock pot pierogies and sausage casserole. They turn into a warm cheesy, creamy potato dumpling dish that’s different from most anything you’ve tasted.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 8 hrs
8 to 20 ounces frozen pierogies
1 pound sausage
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cheddar cheese soup
2 cups chicken stock or water
1 cup shredded cheddar (for topping)
- In a separate bowl mix the soup and chicken stock
- Oil or butter the crockpot insert
- Place ½ of each ingredient in the following order: Pierogies, Sausage, Soup Mixture, Cheese
- Do all the layers again
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours; high for 4. Test the doneness of your pierogies to make sure they are the texture you prefer.
- Freezer Meal Directions
- Toss the diced sausage and the pierogies in a zip lock bag
- Pour the soups and stock in after ~or~ if you’re short on freezer space, just the soups and label your bag to add either water or stock when cooking
- Place the cheese in a separate baggie and either use freezer tape to attach it to the larger bag or place inside the larger bag.
- Squish out any access air, lay flat, label and freeze up to 6 weeks.
- Defrost a couple hours before cooking according to the directions above (overnight is cool too).