This crock pot chicken stew has a thick and creamy broth that simmers slowly with red potatoes and your favorite vegetables. This stew is amazing on its’ own or served over biscuits!
Prep Time:15 MINS
Total Time:6 HRS 10 MINS
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 red potatoes, sliced
- 1 cup baby carrots
- ¾ cup green beans
- ½ cup celery, diced
- 10.5 oz. cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup whole milk*
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 oz. dry ranch dressing mix
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Parsley flakes
- 5 slices bacon, cooked/crumbled, to garnish (optional)
- Melt the butter on the bottom of the crock pot. Add all of the vegetables on top and stir to coat with the butter.
- Salt/Pepper the diced chicken if desired and add to the crock pot.
- Mix together the soup, milk, sour cream and ranch dressing mix. Temper the mixture by heating it for 30 seconds in the microwave. Pour on top of the chicken.
- Cover the crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Low and slow is the best with milk and dairy products.
- Sprinkle with parsley and crumbled bacon and serve. This tastes delicious over biscuits!
- *The extra fat in whole milk will prevent it from curdling, along with tempering it beforehand and cooking it low and slow.
- Slow cookers do vary in terms of heat and cook time, thus the 6-8 hour range. You know your slow cooker best!