One 32 ounce bag frozen tater tots
6 slices thick-cut bacon
3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoons onion powder
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese or Colby jack cheese blend
2/3 cup 2% milk (whole milk would be fine too)
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Once bacon cools, crumble it into small pieces, and set it aside.
- Coat the inside of your crock pot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Dump half the frozen tater tots into the crock pot, and spread into an even layer. Top tots with 1/3 of the cheese and 1/2 the crumbled bacon.
- Place uncooked chicken on top of the tater tot layer. Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Top chicken with 1/3 of the cheese.
- Spread remaining tater tots over the chicken layer. Top with remaining bacon and cheese. Pour milk over the top of the dish.
- Cover your crock pot and cook on HIGH on 3 hours, or until chicken is no longer pink in the center. Serve warm.