A delicious and easy make-ahead breakfast recipe that can feed the whole family and still keep you on track with your Weight Watchers goals. High in protein and low in carbs, this breakfast casserole has everything you need for a filing breakfast.
Prep Time: 20 minute(s)
Cook Time: 6 hour(s)
Servings (yield): 6
1 package frozen hash brown potatoes
9oz lean turkey or chicken breakfast sausage, browned and diced
1 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
1 bell pepper, diced
1 8oz package of mushrooms, diced
14 egg whites
1 cup fat free milk
6 scallions, diced
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp dry mustard
- Spray inside of crock pot with non-fat cooking spray.
- Layer potatoes, bell pepper, onions, mushrooms and sausage and ½ cup of the shredded cheese in the crock pot, in two or three layers.
- Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg whites, milk, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and dry mustard. Pour over the entire potato and vegetables layers.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until eggs are cooked through.
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 1 cup
Each serving = 6 Points +