2 pounds lean ground beef
10 strips bacon, diced
1 small onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup all purpose flour
3 cups milk
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
dash of hot sauce, optional
3 cups cheddar cheese, plus a little extra for topping if desired
1 (12-16 oz) bag frozen mixed vegetables
1/4 cup sour cream
salt and pepper to taste
1 (2 pound) bag frozen tater tots
- In a large skillet brown ground beef, bacon, onion and garlic over medium heat until beef is no longer pink. Sprinkle the flour over the ground beef and stir well to combine. Stir in the milk, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in the cheddar, frozen vegetables and sour cream.
- Spray the crock pot with non-stick spray. Place some tater tots in the bottom of the crock pot. Pour meat gravy over tater tots. Arrange remaining tater tots on top. Cover and cook on LOW for 3-3 1/2 hours. In the last 10 minutes of cooking sprinkle with extra cheddar if desired. Cover and finish cooking.
- If you would like to substitute in your favorite cream soup just omit the flour, milk, Worcestershire, and sour cream. If you are making the full amount add in 2 cans.
- If you would like to downsize this recipe just cut the ingredient amounts in half except for the tater tots.
- If you would like to make this recipe in the oven, spread meat gravy in a 9×13 casserole dish and top with tater tots. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until the tater tots are to your liking.