Crispy Jalapeno Popper Beef Taquitos bursting with irresistible creamy,
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 12 mins
- 12 TortillaLand medium tortillas
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2-4 jalapenos, seeded, deveined, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup salsa (medium for more of a kick)
- 2 cups freshly grated Pepper Jack cheese, divided
- Add beef, jalapenos and onions to a large skillet and cook over medium heat until onions are softened and meat is cooked through. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Drain off any excess fat (if there is any).
- Stir in all of the spices/seasonings, followed by salsa and cream cheese. Heat over medium low heat until cream cheese is completely melted, stirring often. Stir in 1 cup pepper Jack cheese until melted. Remove from heat.
- To assemble, add a heaping 1/4 cup filling to the bottom third of each tortilla and top with a heaping tablespoon cheese. Tightly roll up tortillas.
- Heat one teaspoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat (optional for extra crispiness). Working in batches, add taquitos and cook, until golden brown on all sides, rotating as needed.