4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (depending on how many people you are serving)
3 tablespoons butter
½ tsp poultry seasoning
½ tsp rosemary
¼ tsp thyme
1 tsp garlic
¾ cup chicken broth
3 pieces of cooked bacon, crumbled
⅔ cup heavy whipping cream
2 oz cream cheese
1 cup cheese
3 pieces of bacon, crumbled
salt/pepper to taste
- Add chicken and next 6 ingredients to slow cooker.
- Crumble 3 pieces of cooked bacon on the top of the chicken.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 to 3½.
- Add heavy whipping cream to slow cooker.
- Dollop cream cheese on top and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Using 2 forks, shred chicken in slow cooker.
- Spray a casserole dish generously and dump contents of slow cooker into dish.
- Add 1 cup of cheddar cheese (or more if you’d like) then crumble 3 pieces of bacon on top.
- Place in oven on broil for 2-4 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly and bacon is extra crisp.