1 brown onion, halved and sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1.7 lb /800 g chicken thighs/breast, diced
7 oz / 200 g mix of Swiss brown & white button mushrooms (leave whole and halve the larger ones)
4 large cloves of garlic, diced roughly
1-2 bay leaves
¼ teaspoon nutmeg powder
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ cup chicken stock (or chicken stock cube and water)
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
⅓ cup sour cream
1 teaspoon arrowroot, corn or tapioca starch for thickening
To finish: 2-3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Turn the Instant Pot on and press the Sauté function key (it should say High, 30 mins).
- Add the onion, olive oil and salt to the pot and cook for 3-4 minutes, until softened slightly.
- Add the chicken, mushrooms, garlic, bay leaves, nutmeg, pepper, stock cube, water and mustard and stir through. Then turn the Sauté off by pressing the Keep Warm/Cancel button.
- Place and lock the lid, make sure the steam releasing handle is pointing to Sealing. Press Poultry (High Pressure, 15 minutes). After 3 beeps the pressure cooker will start going.
- Once the time is up, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then use the quick release to let off the rest of the steam.
- When it’s safe, open the lid and press the Sauté function key again. Scoop a few tablespoons of the liquid into a bowl and dissolve in the arrowroot or other type of starch you have on hand. Return this mixture into the pot and stir through. This will thicken the sauce slightly.
- Finally, add the sour cream and stir through. Press Keep Warm/Cancel to stop the cooking process. Top with chopped parsley and serve.