A delicious and unique crock pot chicken recipe that is served with a creamy tarragon sauce. This low calorie chicken dish is incredibly flavorful and a great weeknight dinner idea that tastes like a meal you’d order in a restaurant.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 6 hrs)
4 4oz skinless boneless chicken breasts
1 cup fat free chicken broth
1 cup baby carrots
1 large shallot, minced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1/3 cup fat free half and half
2 tbsp cornstarch
1/4 cup fresh tarragon, finely chopped
Salt and pepper
- Pour broth into crock pot.
- In a small bowl, combine mustard, shallot, garlic and salt & pepper. Rub chicken breasts with this mixture and place into crock pot. And then add in carrots.
- Sprinkle ½ of the tarragon over chicken and carrots. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Transfer chicken to a separate plate, and pour crock pot juices into a medium sized sauce pan, and bring to a simmer over high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and half &half. Whisk the mixture into the saucepan, and stir constantly until sauce is thickened and velvety – about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken, and top with remaining fresh tarragon.