This custardy creamed corn casserole recipe is SO good you’ll want to scrape the dish clean to get every last bit of caramelized goodness. Just like my grandma made it!
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 75 mins
1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs, well beaten
1 cup milk
1 (15.25-oz.) can whole kernel sweet corn, drained
1 (14.75-oz.) can cream style sweet corn
1/2 teaspoon salt
pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk the flour into the melted and cooled butter until well incorporated. Whisk in the sugar, eggs and milk.
- Stir the creamed corn into the butter mixture, along with the drained whole kernel corn. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into an 8″x8″ shallow baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes, until the center is set and the corn casserole is brown and caramelized on top. Serve warm.